GitLab Git LFS Administration
Documentation on how to use Git LFS are under Managing large binary files with Git LFS doc.
- Git LFS is supported in GitLab starting with version 8.2.
- Users need to install Git LFS client version 1.0.1 and up.
Git LFS objects can be large in size. By default, they are stored on the server GitLab is installed on.
There are two configuration options to help GitLab server administrators:
- Enabling/disabling Git LFS support
- Changing the location of LFS object storage
gitlab_rails['lfs_enabled'] = false gitlab_rails['lfs_storage_path'] = "/mnt/storage/lfs-objects"
Installations from source
lfs: enabled: false storage_path: /mnt/storage/lfs-objects
- Currently, storing GitLab Git LFS objects on a non-local storage (like S3 buckets) is not supported
- Currently, removing LFS objects from GitLab Git LFS storage is not supported
- LFS authentications via SSH is not supported for the time being
- Only compatible with the GitLFS client versions 1.1.0 or 1.0.2.